Greyden Equestrian in Erin, Ontario
We are on the S.E. corner of side road 17 (emergency #5565) just 20 minutes E. of Guelph (30 min. N. of Mississauga / 20 min. S. of Orangeville). See a map on our Contact Us page.
Horseback riding lessons at Greyden Equestrian
We are situated on many scenic acres, in the heart of Headwaters. Our view will take your breath away!
Characteristics To Look For When Choosing A Riding Facility
After having made your decision to take riding lessons, the first step is to visit a riding school that has been recommended by family or friends or by an official horse society which will have checked it thoroughly to see that it is of an above average standard, has suitable horses and observes and follows the society’s rules. Whether it be Greyden or another we advise the following important characteristics to look for when choosing a facility:
- Well organized, well lit and safe surroundings.
- All riders are wearing helmets.
- There is a competent adult in charge.
- The horses look well cared for, mature and well mannered.
- Indoor arena with a separate area for spectators.
- Certified Instructors
Be aware that commitments are not necessary. Frequency of attendance should be up to you, the rider. Beware of long-term agreements & expensive equipment purchases. The times per week or days available for your lessons should be flexible. If you are just “trying it out” then don’t get involved in a long-term agreement or plan.
Too many times we have heard of individuals pressured into mandatory commitments of 8 – 12 booked-in-advance lessons only to find halfway through that they aren’t enjoying it, can’t keep to the schedule or miss classes resulting in the loss of paid-for lesson times.
About Our Facility
- indoor arena with heated viewing lounge, fridge, microwave and coffee machine
- 20 stalls with rubber floor mats
- rustic cedar fencing with heated water troughs in winter
- two outdoor rings – one hunter/jumper and a separate schooling/flat dressage ring
- 1/2 mile outdoor groomed small cross country jumper course
We have been in business for over 30 years ~ teaching horse enthusiasts to ride!